Monday, March 27, 2017

Prodigy

My kids are obsessed with another new video game, and this time, I'm totally fine with them playing it for hours without end.  Even during school!

Because somehow, this totally fun and addicting video game is also math.

I'm serious.  I've been watching them play, and I've been helping them with addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions and Cartesian coordinates, while they battle wizards and collect weapons and awesome pets that can evolve into more awesome pets.  It's like the Legend of Zelda meets Pokemon meets Mortal Kombat meets math.

Prodigy Math

Prodigy Math

They asked if they could do it first thing this morning for school, and they kept at it until lunch.  Then, they got right back to it after lunch.  Lex didn't give it up until close to 4 pm, and Connor wasn't finished until 6pm.

I read them some stories while they ate lunch, and we did a quick Latin lesson, but otherwise, today they did math.  So much math.  Because once that's what they want to do, there is no reason to stop them.  Days like today, I love homeschooling so much.


No comments: