Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Hunger Games


Connor recently asked if he could watch The Hunger Games movies, and I told him that he could, as soon as he read the books.

And so, we got him a copy.  As soon as he finished it, Lex decided to read it, because he wanted to see the movie, too.

After they had both finished the first book, we watched the first movie.

Catching Fire and Mockingjay

They have now both finished Catching Fire, and we watched the second movie yesterday.  They are both reading Mockingjay now.  We got two copies at the library so that they could read them at the same time.

I love this series, so I'm glad that they are reading them and we are watching the movies.  I was happy to sit down and re-read the books again.  (Again.)

However, both of them do this thing (like their dad and my dad) where they flip to the end to see what happens before they read the book.

I never do that.  I have never done that.  I refuse to do that.  I will never do that.  I don't understand people who do that.  How is it that my children do that?

Lex keeps asking me questions about what happens to characters at the end.  I refuse to answer.  He keeps checking the back of the book to see if he can figure it out.

I'm considering a DNA test.  Maybe we can isolate the gene that makes some people hate spoilers and other people need them.

No comments: