Saturday, May 6, 2017

Palo Duro Canyon

Today was the annual homeschool hike and picnic at the canyon.  The kids were not excited about the group hike, because they said it was way too boring and long last year, so I let them pick their own adventure before the picnic.

They decided on a spot, and we started climbing.

Paulo Duro Canyon


But first, let me take a selfie.

Paulo Duro Canyon


I brought my phone with me, but there is zero cell service in the canyon, so I basically just used it to take photos.

Paulo Duro Canyon


Paulo Duro Canyon


Paulo Duro Canyon


Paulo Duro Canyon


Paulo Duro Canyon


Paulo Duro Canyon


Paulo Duro Canyon


We actually climbed all the way up the canyon cliff to the top.  We've never made it so high before.

Paulo Duro Canyon


Getting back down was somewhat slower going.  But we managed it.  And we managed to find the car, too.

Paulo Duro Canyon


Then, we drove over to the picnic area and found that the homeschool hike was late getting back.  Just like last year.  And as soon as they started getting back, a few parents who had stayed behind asked their kids how the hike was.  None of them were pleased.  It was too long, too boring and too hot.  Just like last year.  So, I guess being the rebel and not making my kids participate and doing our own thing was the better plan.

Paulo Duro Canyon


And so we ate our picnic lunch and played with the other homeschoolers and then we went on our merry way.  We had a great time.

No comments: