I was super busy today, but I think I handled it pretty well, considering that I was well rested from a long weekend. :)
Yesterday, Kevin and I went golfing with my family. We played half a round of golf with my dad and my brother, and now, it is mostly a blur. I do know that I got a double bogie on the first hole, and par on the last hole, and that I was the only one to get par on any hole. (I think we were playing a harder course than ususal, which is why it all seems like a blur to me now, but it was fun.)
Then, we went to dinner at Damon's with the rest of my family and my little brother's girlfriend to celebrate his upcoming 16th birthday. I don't remember being allowed to bring dates to my birthday dinners when I was that young, but my parents have totally different standards for boys than girls. Plus, since Kevin is the youngest, he is kinda spoiled. Anyway, dinner was delicious, and then we had cake and ice cream at my parents' house, so I was totally stuffed. I was glad that we had golfed earlier in the day, lest I should become fat and lazy.
I'm totally looking forward to watching the women's figure skating competition tonight! Kevin and I watched some of the olympics yesterday, and the men's aerials were amazing! I've never seen anything like that before, and I don't know how those guys can flip and spin like that! The ski jump was pretty amazing to watch, too. I enjoyed the ice dancing, although it seems like a much more sane sport, and I was glad that the American team took home the silver medal, even if the half the team only became American last month by a special act of congress (which makes me laugh).
I'm in the middle of reading the final book in the Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud, and it is really, really good. I was reading it at lunch, and I lost track of time, so I didn't make it back to my desk until about 1:25 pm. Fortunately, no one noticed that I was missing for that extra half-hour or so. I loved the first two books, and I discovered the first one only a few months before the second one was published, so I didn't have to wait very long to read it. But, it seems like it took forever for this third book to be completed, but so far I'm not disappointed. It's really good, and it seems a lot longer than the other two.
No comments:
Post a Comment