Tuesday, March 7, 2006

My Life is Brilliant, My Love is Pure

So, last night, I had enough energy to get home and eat dinner. (Thanks to Kevin for making dinner, or else I probably wouldn't have eaten.) I actually nodded off at the dinner table. Kevin put me to bed, and I only woke up for a brief bit right around 10:00. But other than that, I just slept all night. How exciting. I'm a little bummed out that I missed How I Met Your Mother on TV last night, but I think I'm feeling a little bit better today.

But, I did see that we got a box of our new checks in the mail yesterday. I finally managed to order checks that had both my new name and Kevin's on them. Now, I won't have to alter the names on the check every time I write one. I was really suprised that no one ever hesitated to take a check that I had changed all the name information on. I guess they figure that as long as the account number is right, everything will work fine for them. I plan to open up the box tonight and make sure that everything is spelled right, etc.

The new Harry Potter DVD is being released today, and I don't think I'm going to rush out and buy it. It's strange, but I think I'm going to ask my parents to put a copy of it in my Easter basket instead, because I think that they will enjoy giving it to me more than I would enjoy buying it for myself. I don't know...I suppose we shall see.

I got a phone call from Kirk, my father in law, yesterday while I was at work. Kevin's grandpa has been sick and in the hospital lately, and when he called, he was talking really quietly. I could hear Kevin's mom in the background, and at first it sounded like she was crying, so I thought that he was calling to tell me that grandpa had died. But, it turns out that he had just come out of surgery, and was doing fine. Kevin's mom wasn't crying in the background, she was laughing!

I've only ever been to one funeral in my life, and I was about three. All I remember was that I had to be really quiet, and I sat on the floor at my parent's feet, so that no one would see me play with my doll. I think it was for my dad's second great uncle three times removed or something. That said, I've never even known anyone who has died. People die all the time, but I've never really been close to it. I can't really think of anything profound to say about life and death right now, so that'll just be the end.

No comments: