Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm a happy girl

Last night, I hung out with a new Alpha Omega Epsilon candidate, Janeen, at Panera. I love Panera, and I also love Janeen. I am really glad that she is joining the sorority, and I was glad to be able to help her fulfill her alumnae interview requirement. We had a good time chatting, and I was very happy to learn that she is recently engaged! Her boyfriend proposed last Sunday, so we were able to talk about wedding stuff, which is another thing that I love.

After I got home, Kevin and I went for a bike ride on our new bikes. The Blacklick Creek Greenway Trail is really close to our house, so we went for a ride on that. We started in the middle of the trail, and we rode it all the way to one end and back. We were gone for about an hour! The trail is lovely and the woods are beautiful. We passed a lake where some people were fishing, and it looked like they were catching some yellow perch (see how I pretend to know all about fishing?). Anyways, a good portion of the trail has been completed, but it is going to be much longer, and branch off in more directions. We've been reading about it in the local paper, and at first, we were surprised that the project was so expensive (something like $3M-$4M, if I remember correctly). But, after riding the trail last night, I can see why it would be so expensive, and it is totally worth it, because they are doing a beautiful job.

I was really proud of myself yesterday, because I made dinner for Kevin in the morning, and put it in a crock pot, so that it would be ready to eat when he go home, even though I wasn't going to be home right after work because I was going out with Janeen. I had a little bit of it when I got home, and it was pretty good, too!

Tonight is the sorority formal, and I am super excited about that, too! I'll try to take lots of pictures and post them online. Come to think of it, I'll also take pictures this weekend when we go golfing (the weather looks like it is going to be beautiful) and when we celebrate my mom's birthday on Sunday. :)

No comments: