Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Albino Squirrels and Saxophones


I'm sharing this picture because I think it is totally cool. Everyone always talked about the albino squirrel at OSU, but I never saw it. Then, on Sunday, Kevin and I saw this one on the property of the neighboring house on our way into church. We were already running a little bit late for the service, so we got out our camera and took some pictures of the squirrel before heading into church.

Last night my little brother, Kevin, performed at a "Saxophone Extravaganza." Basically, all the students of his private tutor got together for a recital, and they each did a solo piece, or a duet with the tutor. Then, for the finale, they all played a piece together. It was pretty interesting to see the skill levels of all the different age groups, from those just finishing 7th grade to those who just graduated from high school. Amazingly, my little brother was the best by far, even though he only just finished the 10th grade, and he performed last. (The tutor said he was saving the best for last.) Everyone could clearly see how good he was by the difficulty of the piece that he picked, and he can really make some good music. I was totally impressed. I knew he was rumored to be the best, but I didn't know how good he was, or how much better he was than everyone else until last night.

I guess he is thinking of going to OSU and studying music further. His tutor just graduated from OSU, and he just took over for Kevin's middle school band teacher who retired this year.

No comments: