
1. When I was climbing up this ladder, I told Kevin not to take a picture "up my skirt." He said okay, then proceeded to pretend to take a picture while I was up there (I never saw that picture, so he must have been pretending), and I climbed back down. Boys will be boys, I suppose. (P.S. It isn't even a skirt - well, it is a tennis skirt - but there are attached shorts underneath, so I suppose it doesn't matter anyways.)
2. The elevator in my parking garage - you know, the new one - the one that *literally* took EONS to complete - is OUT OF ORDER again - and has been - all week. Sigh.
3. My doctor says I should weigh about 120 pounds - AT LEAST. I spent all winter "packing" on the pounds, and I finally got to a point where I weighed about 115 consistently. Well, one good week of weather, with all the outdoor activities, and I dropped to 108. Then, it was so hot in our house this week (more on that later), that I was never hungry. Dropped some more weight. I weighed myself this morning, and I'm about 103. Sigh. I don't think I'll see that 115 again for a while...
4. When we got home from our anniversary trip, the basement smelled HORRIBLE and we realized that the drain in the floor where the air conditioner drains was backed up. We almost had to call in a plumber, but Kevin fixed it. Only, he didn't realize that it was fixed, because it still smelled bad. Then, we realized last night that the u-bend is supposed to be filled with water in order to keep the smell from the sewers out of the house. So, we filled it with a hose, and it worked! My husband is an *amazing* handyman, he must get it from his grandpa. Anyways, we turned on the central air last night and it was lovely.
5. I've got a lunch date with Katie today, and I just *know* she is going to be late. She's always late, and when I am running really late, I just say that I'm "Katie-late." But, maybe she'll suprise me and be on time. (See how I am always optimistic.)
6. That optimism is what led me to the Arts Festival last night in the rain.
7. I was super glad that Ian McKellen played the part of Sir Teabing in The DaVinci Code. Somehow I didn't know that he was in the movie, and when he appeared on screen, I actually *squealed* with delight. Kevin laughed at me. Three cheers for Audrey Tautou as well. She was great in Amelie, and she was good in this, too. What a big, international break for her!
8. I just finished reading Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, and it was amazing. I highly recommend it. I loved his first book, The Virgin Suicides, and this was great too. Just don't be put off by the subject matter (incest resulting in a hermaphrodite), because it's a great book. Now, I'm going to see what else he has written, and read it. (I love the library.)
9. I also just finished reading Charlie Bone and the Hidden King by Jenny Nimmo. This was the 4th book in a planned 5 book series. Good read. Not Harry Potter, but good read. I'll read the 5th book, too, when it comes out.
10. Kevin and I recently watched the entire season of Joss Whedon's Firefly. It was SO GOOD. I can't believe it was cancelled. There was so much there, so many things to explain. I HEREBY DEMAND THAT THE POWERS THAT BE GRANT JOSS THE OPPORTUNITY TO FINISH THE SERIES (MANY, MANY SEASONS) SO THAT I CAN WATCH IT. DAMN IT!
11. The new Dixie Chicks CD, Taking the Long Way debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts this week. I have to say wholeheartedly that I agree with that. The CD is amazing, and I've been listening to it all the time. Sorry WNCI Morning Zoo, but I'll come back when I get tired of the CD...if that *ever* happens!
(Eleven is a nice number. Eight is my favorite, but eleven is nice too, so I'll stop here.)
No comments:
Post a Comment