Friday, July 7, 2006

Clearing the Aisle

There are reasons people elope. Good ones, actually.

I just finished reading Clearing the Aisle by Karen Schwartz. I picked it up because I always love watching those reality tv shows where the bride has totally. lost. her. mind., and I wanted to see how the story would work out in novel form. Turns out that it works pretty well.

The story was entertaining and funny, and since it was an easy read, it wasn't much more work than turning on the tv and watching Bridezillas.

I think I enjoy these types of things so much because they usually have a happy ending (a wedding, duh) and because I had such a great wedding myself, without too much drama in the planning of it.

Although, after planning my own wedding, I can see how it would be very easy to lose sight of the "bigger picture" and totally freak out over something as small and simple as center pieces. (For the record: We just let the caterer provide the center pieces at our wedding reception. They had a simple elegance. We spent our energy and money on other wedding things that were more important to us. Like finding a bride and groom cake topper that looked just like us, which was way harder than I ever imagined. But, it was important to Kevin.)

No comments: