Thursday, July 6, 2006

It's been a long time


Wow! I haven't really been in front of a computer for about a week, now. Can you believe it? And what's even more amazing is that today is Thursday, and tomorrow is Friday, and then it is the weekend all over again. Sometimes, life is great, and I don't have to work all that much. Hooray for long holiday weekends!

I had a great holiday. On Saturday, Kevin and I drove down to Cincinnati and went to Sandi and Donald's wedding. It was a military wedding, so even though we showed up at 6:01 (ONE minute late), the bridesmaids were already down the aisle! We weren't the last ones in, either! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a ton of fun. The ceremony was held in a beautiful chapel in a cemetary. When I first got the invitation, I though that was a bit weird, but when we got there, it was absolutely beautiful. The reception was held at the German Culture Center, and it looked like something straight out of Epcot! But, it was really nice, too.

On Sunday, Kevin and I decided to go to the Reds vs. Indians Major League Baseball game. I'd never been to a MLB game before, seeing as how we have the Clippers in Columbus. It was a good time, I especially liked the new stadium and the fireworks that they let off after each home team home run. One of the fans caught a home run ball hit by the Indians, and the crowd booed them until they threw it back. Have you ever heard of "rejecting" a home run ball hit by the other team like this? It was certainly new to me.

After the baseball game, Kevin and I headed over to his Aunt Kathy's house for the annual cornhole tournament. This year, in order to make things more "fair," we weren't able to pick our own teams. Our names were drawn at random to make teams, so Kevin and I got split up, and my team was eliminated in the first round! Oh, it was so sad! Kevin's team didn't do very well either, and they lost their second game. It was still a good time, as there was plenty of good food, conversation and fireworks. Kevin's cousin Megan's little girl Zoey is super cute. She's about 15 months old (I think) now, and seeing her makes me want to have a little girl. Well, I've always wanted a little girl, actually. Zoey just reinforces my desire. (I keep telling Kevin that we are only going to have little girls, and he keeps telling me that they are all going to be little boys. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.)

It was so great to have Monday off from work. I went to breakfast with my in-laws at Scramblers. Then, I hung out with my family and went to lunch with my parents and Kevin. After lunch, I took my little brother, Kevin, and his friend Joshua to the driving range. I've been practicing my swing at home, and I am proud to say that I am consistently hitting my driver about 200 yards, in a STRAIGHT line. It's great! After my husband, Kevin, got home from work, we went out with some friends to Gordon Biersch, and then we stayed downtown for Red, White and Boom. This year was great, once again, and we didn't even get rained on. We did get to see William Hung perform She Bangs live, and that was pretty funny.

I didn't have to work on Tuesday or Wednesday morning, either, and it was very nice. I could see myself not having to work very easily. I don't think I would really miss it, which is good, since I'll probably stay at home when we have kids.

No comments: