Thursday, November 10, 2011

Maybe what I really want is a 1920s-Themed Flapper Party



When I first heard this song, I was outraged! I can't really explain why...but I think it was the thought of this pretty little girl singing about her untimely death. It's just not right.

But, now I take it all back. I love this song. It grew on me. I sing along and turn it up when it comes on the radio. I am happy that The Band Perry took home the 2011 CMA for New Artist of the Year. (Did you see the red sequin dress Kimberly Perry was wearing?! So wonderful!)

Also, this song makes me think. I really don't have much going on in the way of last wishes. I basically want whomever is left to bury me to do it to their own satisfaction, whether it be Kevin, or Connor and Lex, whenever it happens.

But, if you really want some direction, I think there should be feathers. Black feathers would probably be appropriate, but what I really like are peacock feathers. And pearls. I'm sure a good florist would be happy to design some sort of peacock feather and pearl arrangement that would be fabulous. So fabulous, in fact, that I think I might need a similar flower arrangement delivered for the next flower-appropriate occasion. Like next Tuesday. Tuesday is always better with flowers.

No comments: