Saturday, May 19, 2012

Jess & Travis

Congratulations are in order for Jess & Travis, who have been married now for about a week.

Connor and Lex were ring bearers in their wedding, and they both did an excellent job walking down the aisle.  We weren't entirely sure that they would both cooperate and make the long walk down the aisle in the chapel, but when the time came, they both performed very well!  I am very proud of them.  I didn't actually get to see them do it, though, as I ended up staying with them in the back room until it was time for them to go, at Connor's (teary-eyed) request.  As soon as it was time, though, they started on their way without looking back.  So I hid, in case they did get cold feet and look back for me.  I figured that if they couldn't see me, they would walk towards the front where Daddy was sitting and waiting for them.  It worked!  I guess Lex did a little dance while trying to decide which way to go, but everyone said it was super cute.  I can't wait to see a video of his little performance.

Our Family Photo

Connor, at the reception

Kevin and Lex, at the reception

At this point in the evening, all Lex had eaten was three pieces of gum and one coffee bean.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Allow me to explain.

When I stayed in the back room while the boys walked down the aisle, there was one unintended consequence.  They ended up in the front of the church with Daddy, while I was in the back.  Daddy was with Grandma and Grandpa, too, but in order to keep Lex quiet after he spotted me in the back, they resorted to allowing him to chew small pieces of gum from Grandma's purse.  But he is only two, and he doesn't chew gum.  So, basically, they were feeding him tiny bits of gum through the whole ceremony to keep him quiet, and by the end, it had amounted to three pieces of gum.  This wasn't the first time he has eaten gum, either.

And the coffee bean?  That was from the wedding favors that were on the tables at the reception.  He could tell that they were edible...he just didn't need to be eating them, so I took them away.  But he snagged one before I could stop him.


The bride was beautiful and the whole wedding was fabulous.  I am so happy for the happy couple, and so glad that we were able to be a part of their big day!

 Congratulations, Jess and Travis!

No comments: