Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Soccer - Week Four

Since last week, when Lex fell asleep on the way to soccer and never woke up enough to play, I was a bit worried on the drive over to the soccer fields this week.  After all, the boys had not napped, again.

So the entire drive over, I made sure that I was keeping Lex awake by talking to him and asking him questions and tickling his leg every so often.  And it worked!  He stayed awake the whole time.  But when I parked the car and turned around, I discovered that I had neglected Connor, and he had fallen asleep!

Oh, but Connor loves him some soccer, so he was easy enough to rouse.






The boys took part in all the practice activities, and the game.  They both did a really good job.  But I'm not going to lie...Lex was exhausted and I had to bribe him to get him on the field.  I promised him that if he played all the games, I would take him out for ice cream afterwards.  Half-way through, he upped the ante to a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's.  I reluctantly agreed...but then the little tyke fell asleep as soon as he hit the car seat after the soccer game was done and I got out of it!  Connor got himself some ice cream, and he hit the hay soon afterwards, too.

I shot a bit of video for your enjoyment:

 

My favorite parts are when Lex falls down and gets hurt but gets back into the game, and when he tries to convince the goalie to let him play goalie instead.  Oh, and Connor's wicked defender action.

This week was also team photo week...so stay tuned for that.  I will share those as soon as we get them back.  Oh, and I randomly took the team photos.  The professional photographer was having a heck of a time getting the kids to stand still (Lex in particular, sorry about that), so he asked them if they would stand still if I took the photo instead.  They said yes, so he handed me his big old camera, and they stood still.  I snapped off about two dozen shots and handed the camera back.  It was quick and awesome.  And it goes to show him, Mr. One Photo At A Time That Must Be Perfectly Framed, who took about one photo every three minutes.  You just can't move at that slow pace with little kids.

(And now we are all caught up in the world of soccer news. Until next week, that is.)

No comments: