Monday, August 8, 2016

Pokemon GO: One Month Later

I realized yesterday that I've been playing Pokemon GO for a month now.  (Mostly because the app keeps reminding me of when I started playing.)

Pokemon GO


I let Connor pick what team we joined, and he selected Team Instinct.  Only he thought it was Team Insect, which was perfect because of our Epic Summer of Bugs Home Camp.  But Team Instinct is still perfect, because it's the yellow team, and we live in Amarillo.  Which means yellow in Spanish, in case your language skills are rusty.  (The city was named for the color of its grass, which surely isn't green.)

But, being on the yellow team has been a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to battling gyms.  It seems like all the gyms are controlled by blue or red teams.  I have been able to take over a few low level gyms all by myself.  (They don't stay yellow for long, though.)

Pokemon GO


Pokemon GO


Pokemon GO

I think that the boys' favorite Pokemon to take photos of in the wild is Abra, whom they refer to as the sitting Pokemon.


Pokemon GO

Abra sitting on a bench

Pokemon GO

Abra at the Library

Pokemon GO

Abra at the bowling alley

Yesterday, a couple of Pokemon came to see what was cooking for breakfast:

Pokemon GO

Sandshrew just looks like he might be a good source of bacon.

Pokemon GO

I swear I didn't steal his egg.  But Pidgey seems to gravitate towards food:

Pokemon GO

Last night, in honor of the fact that I've been playing with these Pokemon for a month now, I decided to give them all names.  They are all girls, in case you were wondering.  Because I said so.

Pokemon GO

Pokemon GO

Pokemon GO

I wish there was room for some longer names, but otherwise, naming them was almost as fun as catching them all.

P.S.  In case you are looking for an app that isn't Pokemon GO, my other current favorite is Caterzillar.  It's like a cross between Slither and Mario.  We have to eat all the fruit and save the caterpillar princess!  (Also, perfect because BUGS!)

No comments: